It can be quite a frustrating experience when you are waiting for your luggage at the carousel and find that your luggage isn’t there. Most of the people start panicking about their lost luggage but it is important to note that 98 percent of all the lost luggage is ultimately found and returned to their respective owners. So, here’s what you should do if you get into a similar situation.
Never Go Away From the Airport
If you are unable to find your luggage, then don’t leave the airport even if you are tired. Most of the people make this mistake, but you should immediately find an airline representative and report to him about your lost luggage.
Don’t Panic and Keep Calm
You should keep your calm. It’s not an easy situation, but if you lose your cool and start yelling at the employees of the airline, then they might not help you. After all, they are the ones whom you report to, not the ones who lost your luggage. There can be important things in your luggage but then again, it’s not their fault.
Don’t Say You Don’t Know What’s in Your Luggage
Airlines need a list of the items that you had in your luggage, in order to find it. There are many bags that look alike, so there are better chances of finding your bag if you know what was in your bag when you packed it.
Don’t Say That You Had Precious Items in Your Luggage
Never keep important or precious things in your luggage. Several duffle travelling bag reviews suggest that airlines don’t take the responsibility of your precious items and they aren’t going to pay you the price for what you lost. So, keep those items in a carry-on luggage or carry them in person.
Avoiding Lost Luggage
Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind before travelling, so that you don’t lose your luggage.
- The safest way to avoid losing your luggage is to use carry-on luggage. Pack all the needed items in your carry-on bags and there isn’t a single chance that you lose your luggage because you can carry them with you.
- Make a list of the items that you carry or take a picture of your luggage so that you don’t forget anything when the airline asks you about the items that you had.
- Ensure that the person who examines your luggage puts the correct destination ticket and you should also obtain a claim ticket for your bag.
- Avoid late check-ins because they are the usual causes of lost luggage. Plus sleeping early is good for your health as well
- Attach your name inside and outside your bag.